The winter months are a harsh time of the year for your roof - sudden temperature changes, precipitation from rain to snow, as well as high winds will put your roof to the test. Pipe flashing is a common area that tends to fail during the winter months. This is especially the case toward the end of the useful life of the pipe flashing itself as the unit is not longer able to properly protect the pipe. A loose or cracked pipe jack flashing often leads to water damage to the inside of the home. It can also lead to further damage to your roof - roofing shingles can peel thus exposing sheathing, which can soften thanks to the leak thus impacting structural rigidity of the roof.
Vent Pipe Flashing Repairs and Replacement
Though some individuals are very handy, they may be mislead by websites that will direct them just to replace the rubber gasket on the flashing itself. The issue here is that the new gasket may not form a proper seal, thus risking another leak. Also, the new rubber gasket may not be an exact fit, thus risking a leak in the long run. The proper roof repair is to replace the entire vent pipe flashing.
- We start by carefully removing surrounding roofing shingles.
- We remove the damaged vent pipe flashing base from your roof.
- All existing holes from the previous vent pipe flashing are sealed with a roof cement to make sure it maintains a proper seal against the elements.
- We install a new vent pipe flashing along with roof cement to cover any additional openings.
- Finally, we install shingles to their existing locations.
Please contact Brothers Roofing for all of your New Jersey roofing repair needs. A leaking vent pipe flashing is a common sight and should not be put off as it can cause damage to the rest of your roof as well as the interior of your home. At Brothers Roofing, we offer quality materials to our customers along with quality installs. We also offer a 10 Year Labor Warranty on roof replacements to offer our customers a peace of mind.
Please contact Brothers Roofing at (609)508-3416 for a roof replacement quote.