As a homeowner, it is vital that you take the time to research areas before committing to spend thousands of dollars on an item or a project. We all know that money does not grow on trees, yet sometimes it is better to spend a little more for a reputable service or product rather than spending less and purchasing something inferior. This theory applies to construction projects as well. Today, we will go over roofing estimates and what the homeowner should look for after they have decided to collect bids for a roof replacement service on their home. What should the estimate cover? How detailed should it be? What other factors should you analyze once you have compared written roof replacement estimates ?
Roof Replacement Estimates
Roofing replacement estimates should be detailed enough so that the consumer can compare apples to apples from the group he or she has received and make an educated decision to hire the proper roofing contractor. Below are a few key areas to look for.
- Length of Roofing Project - The roofing contractor should be able to specify the length for the project duration
- Description of Roofing Work Performed - What will be done? How will trash be disposed of?
- Description of Roofing Materials Used - Which brands are you using?
- Total Costs for the Roof Replacement Project
- Additional Costs That May Be Needed Once Project is Started - A vital area that should always be included in a roofing estimate. Think of this as the options list for a vehicle. Though not always necessary, items such as additional sheathing replacement should be listed so that the contractor is fair to the customer throughout the roofing process. We have heard stories of local roofers raising prices for standard items during a project as the homeowner basically could not say no once the roof replacement was started.
Roofing knowledge we provide throughout this blog should educate our customers to properly analyze the estimates they receive from roofing contractors when deciding on a roof replacement service. At Brothers Roofing, we take the time to properly perform your roof replacement, as we know this service will protect you and your family for many years to come. We do not take shortcuts to make a few extra bucks or to charge our customers a few bucks less just to get the job. We provide honest roofing services while using quality supplies. Please do not be fooled by local roofers that are willing to beat any price, as more often than not the quality of labor and materials is impacted by such decision making. These are often the guys who spend their weekends fixing the work their crews performed during the week.
Are you interested in a roof replacement? Please contact Brothers Roofing at (609)508-3416. We are a full service roofer offering installation and repairs to our customers.